General Event Info
Capture the true spirit of a small-town holiday celebration at the 28th Annual Holiday Lighting Festival on Friday, December 2, 2016 on Denton�����������������������������s Historic Square.
- Photos with Santa ($7, no pets allowed) , Horse Drawn Wagon rides ($5, under 2 free), and great food from local vendors are available for a small fee.
- Free parking is available at the Wells Fargo Bank and The Denton County Historical Park Parking Lots. Free parking is also available at the MedPark Station with a free short A-train ride to Downtown Denton using the Secret Code Word “Sleigh Ride”!
- Disabled Parking is located on the west side of the Wells Fargo building on Locust Street.
- Lost children may be picked up at the Information Booth.
- Restrooms are located inside the Courthouse and Square restaurants.
- This is a Litter Free Event. Please do your part to Keep Denton Beautiful.
Video courtesy of: -Andy LaViolette with Mr. Magic Carpet Ride Productions
Once again the festival will be hosting a toy drive. Toys gathered will be distributed to families needing assistance during the Christmas season in Denton County. Toy drop-offs will be at the northeast corner of the Square.
Become a Vendor
2016 Holiday Lighting Festival vendor application coming soon.
Perform at the Event
Attention musicians, dancers and performance groups: apply to perform at this year’s festival on Friday, December 4, 2015! Applications must be received by October 16th in order to be considered.
Take the A-train!
Traveling to Denton for the Holiday Lighting Festival? Forget I-35 and jump on board the A-train!
Avoid festival traffic and park at Denton County Transportation Authority’s (DCTA) MedPark Station and hop on the A-train to the Eulene Brock Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC). Use the Secret Code Word “Sleigh Ride” and ride the A-train and Connect bus service free the night of the event. From the DDTC, take a short stroll to the Historic Square for the event. DCTA will offer special event bus service to get you back to your car at MedPark Station.
The Denton Holiday Lighting Festival is held on Denton County’s Historic Courthouse-on-the-Square lawn located at 110 West Hickory Street.