General Event Info
Capture the true spirit of a small-town holiday celebration at the 27th Annual Holiday Lighting Festival on Friday, December 4th, 2015 on Denton’s Historic Square.
- Photos with Santa ($7, no pets allowed) , Horse Drawn Wagon rides ($5, under 2 free), and great food from local vendors are available for a small fee.
- Free parking is available at the Wells Fargo Bank and The Denton County Historical Park Parking Lots. Free parking is also available at the MedPark Station with a free short A-train ride to Downtown Denton using the Secret Code Word “Sleigh Ride”!
- Disabled Parking is located on the west side of the Wells Fargo building on Locust Street.
- Lost children may be picked up at the Information Booth.
- Restrooms are located inside the Courthouse and Square restaurants.
- This is a Litter Free Event. Please do your part to Keep Denton Beautiful.
Video courtesy of: -Andy LaViolette with Mr. Magic Carpet Ride Productions
Once again the festival will be hosting a toy drive. Toys gathered will be distributed to families needing assistance during the Christmas season in Denton County. Toy drop-offs will be at the northeast corner of the Square. More Toy Drive Info
Become a Vendor
Applications are now closed for the 2015 Holiday Lighting Festival.
Perform at the Event
Attention musicians, dancers and performance groups: apply to perform at this year’s festival on Friday, December 4, 2015! Applications must be received by October 16th in order to be considered.
Take the A-train!
Traveling to Denton for the Holiday Lighting Festival? Forget I-35 and jump on board the A-train!
Avoid festival traffic and park at Denton County Transportation Authority’s (DCTA) MedPark Station and hop on the A-train to the Eulene Brock Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC). Use the Secret Code Word “Sleigh Ride” and ride the A-train and Connect bus service free the night of the event. From the DDTC, take a short stroll to the Historic Square for the event. DCTA will offer special event bus service to get you back to your car at MedPark Station.